We are excited to inform you about the upcoming release of the new ATE Impacts 2022-2023 book! You can order copies of the ATE Impacts book online - and digital copies of the book can be accessed once available on the ATE Impacts site as well. The digital copies will be viewable across all devices via any web browser.
The ATE Impacts 2022-2023 book showcases the work of the National Science Foundation’s Advanced Technological Education Community. This edition includes a foreword from United States President, Joseph Biden, and features the work of 33 projects and 28 centers across the seven ATE areas, as well as targeted research. By highlighting ATE’s centers and projects successful and innovative work, the book encourages broader participation in the ATE program by academic institutions, educators, and industry partners. Dissemination of the ATE Impacts book advances understanding of the importance of technicians to the strength of high-tech industries that drive the economy.
For over 25 years, the NSF's Advanced Technological Education program has improved educators' teaching, broadened students' knowledge, and enhanced technicians' skills. Through the ATE program, NSF has influenced the career paths of individuals from historically underrepresented populations in STEM fields and added diversity—of thought, perspective, and experience—to the technical workforce. The book supports and complements outreach activities conducted by ATE PIs and staff in broadening their audiences and sharing their stories with various partners and stakeholders.
We hope that the digital and print versions of the book will be helpful to those of you within, and beyond the ATE community. Here are some ideas for how you might use copies of the ATE Impacts publication with campus colleagues, your industry partners, students, and others.
- Promote STEM Education and the ATE program to deans, department chairs, and other colleagues.
- Give students a sense of the depth and breadth of the STEM fields available to them.
- Emphasize the long-term benefits of education and industry collaboration by sharing the book with industry partners.
- Distribute among new faculty and staff members to help them better understand the outcomes and opportunities offered by NSF and the ATE program.
- Showcase the impact of STEM education and ATE by sharing the publication with local journalists, government officials, or campus marketing staff.
We also encourage you to visit the ATE Impacts blog for more stories, statistics, and ATE-related content. If you have any questions or feedback, please email us at email@example.com, or visit the ATE Impacts contact page.